The B.U.S. Program, Believe, Understand, Succeed provides specialized education and career services to homeless youth from eighth through twelfth grade. The program helps hundreds of students explore their options after high school. The aim of the program is to strengthen their education, encourage them to earn a high school diploma, and motivate them to pursue a productive and stable future. Using worksheets and lesson plans, tutors guide their students through the high school graduation requirements and introduce them to the many opportunities that await them after graduating.
The B.U.S. program offers:
- One-on-one mentoring and tutoring
- Guidance with reviewing school transcripts and graduation requirements
- Presentation of options after high school, such as college, trade school, and AmeriCorps
- College/vocational school campus tours
- Access to college and career fairs
- Motivational speakers
- Supplemental tools and resources
Whether our students choose to work full-time, enroll in a community college or apply for admission to a four-year university, we want to ensure they are headed for success! Visit our Tutor Center to find out more.