Note: You must also print activity forms. If you do not have internet access at your tutoring location, you will not be able to do the last two activities.
The purpose of this lesson is to help your student prepare for adulthood and live independently.
- Discuss what it means to live independently
- Discuss the skills required to achieve independence
- Provide an overview of the life skills resources available online
- Visit and explore a life skills web site from the list provided at the bottom of this page
- Have your student complete an online assessment and discuss his or her results
1. What are your strengths in regard to life skills?
2. What skills do you need to further develop?
3. What is your plan for the future?
4. What will you do after high school? Will you work? Go to college?
Materials and Websites