Note: You must also print activity forms and worksheets
This lesson will enable students to begin thinking about their interests and identify jobs and careers that correlate to those interests. If you do not have Internet access at your tutoring location, you will only be able to do the first activity.
- Review and discuss the information on the Career Interest Exploration worksheets
- If you have Internet access at your tutoring location, explore the “Find an Awesome Job” section of the Get Schooled website (www.getschooled.com)
- Remind your student to request a copy of their academic transcripts from the main office of their school
1. What did you learn from the “Find an Awesome Job” page? Are there any jobs on this page that appeal to you more than others?
2. Are there jobs that appeal to you in the “People I Admire” section? If so, what are they?
Materials and Websites