Thank you for participating in the BUS Program! The BUS Program is a mentoring program meant to ensure your student’s success in high school and after high school. Using these materials, you can guide your student through the high school graduation requirements and introduce them to the many options they have after high school. Graduating from high school is an important step in your student’s life and having a plan to graduate will increase their chances for success.
The aim of the program is to provide our students with specialized education/career services. Our goal is to strengthen their education, encourage them to earn a high school diploma, and motivate them to pursue careers that they never thought possible in order to achieve a productive and stable future. We do this by offering:
- One-on-one mentoring and tutoring
- Guidance with reviewing school transcripts and graduation requirements
- Presentation of options after high school, such as, college, trade school, and AmeriCorps
- College/vocational school campus tours
- Access to college and career fairs
- Motivational speakers
- Supplemental tools and resources
You will find valuable resources in this section of our website—ranging from descriptions of the number of options your student has after high school to how to use an agenda. Review each section with your student and help them answer any questions they may have about the importance of education and/or training after high school. Whether your student chooses to work full-time, enroll in a community college or apply for admission to a four year university, you can ensure they are headed for success!
- Download and Print a Welcome Letter to BUS Mentees